The British Columbia Dental Association (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU We may collect and process the following data about you:
1.1 Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.bcdental.org or www.yourdentalhealth.ca (our sites). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or posting material on our website.
1.2 Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and the resources that you access.
2. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for website administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may obtain information about how you use our site by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
2.1 To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
2.2 To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
2.3 To speed up your searches.
3. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data
transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION We use information held about you in the following ways:
4.1 To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
4.2 To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
4.3 To notify you about changes to our service.
5. YOUR RIGHTS Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.